AADA PRE-CONVENTION PRESENTATION: HOSTED BY “THE CAR GUY”, CHARLIE VOGELHEIM, “A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE ON THE FUTURE OF THE FRANCHISED AUTO DEALER”
In this special pre-convention session, we bring together some of the world’s automotive leaders for a conversation about the future of the franchised auto Dealer.
With Wes Lutz, 2018 Chairman of NADA, and Shen Jinjun, Executive Chairman of the China Automobile Dealers Association (CADA) on the panel, we have more than 50 per cent of the world’s car market covered.
Also featuring respected U.S. industry analyst Glenn Mercer and moderated by San Francisco’s “The Car Guy”, Charlie Vogelheim, our expert panel is rounded out by AADA CEO David Blackhall, Deloitte’s Dale McCauley, ANCAP CEO, James Goodwin, and Charles Mills, ROAR Director.
Issues on the agenda include:
- The challenges Dealers will face in a competitive market altered by disruptive technologies.
- The substantial investment by Dealers in the franchise distribution system and the threat posed to this by new technologies.
- The changes to fixed operation areas in the offing as a result of the rise of electric vehicles.
- The new income model likely to develop as the dealership revenue mix of sales, F&I, aftermarket and fixed operations shifts.
- “Overdealerisation” – do we have too many Dealers in Australian and world markets? This is an overlooked question that needs addressing.
- The influence of safety in vehicle choice.
- Government and regulatory issues and the importance of strong advocacy.
Many of the issues facing Australian Dealers are the same as those confronting Dealers around the world. This vital session is sure to stimulate debate and throw up a host of potential solutions for Dealers determined to meet the future head-on.
Proudly brought to you by: